This article is specifically created for resellers.
This article will cover essentials of creating an environment for your customers. It will guide you step by step on how to do this.
Creating an Environment
- In Jamf School, navigate to Reseller Portal -> School Management and create a new school by pressing the Add school button.
- Fill out the information required to create a school
- After you’ve created a school you will be transferred to that school’s overview page and you’re able to add Additional information
- Navigate to License History and add a license by pressing the “Add license” button
- On the “Add license” page you have the option to either add a trial or a license for the environment. NOTE: If you add a license you will be billed, and afterwards you can bill it to the school yourself.
- An invoice reference can be added for your convenience. This number will return on your invoice.
Additional License information:
Calendar year license:
A Calendar year license will end on the first of January of the next year. It is possible to buy a 1, 2 or 3 year calendar year license. A license is needed for each managed device, and the license may be transferred to replacement devices when devices are refreshed/replaced.
Academic year license:
An Academic year license will end on the first of August. It is possible to buy a 1, 2 or 3 year Academic year license. A license is needed for each managed device, and the license may be transferred to replacement devices when devices are refreshed/replaced.
Full year license:
The annual subscription license has a 12-month term. It is possible to buy a 1, 2 or 3 Full year license. A license is needed for each managed device, and the license may be transferred to replacement devices when devices are refreshed/replaced.
The perpetual license does not expire, but it is tied to a unique device by serial number. This license may be purchased once to manage a device for the life of that device. A Perpetual license is tied to a device and cannot be transferred.
Perpetual licenses need to be assigned to a device. This can be done manually (Licenses management - License Assignments) Or automaticly by enabling the " Automatically assign a perpetual license to any device with this DEP profile during enrollment (when available)" option within the DEP profile.
NOTE: Choosing more years doesn’t give rights to discounts
- If you enable the Setup Assistant your end-customer will have to go through this before they can use the environment.
- After creating the location you will be redirected to the payment site or you will be invoiced by our administration.
- Invoicing will be proportionate to the months remaining in the invoicing period. (For example: 5 months remaining of the calendar / academic year: (€ 5 / 12 * 5 = € 2.08)) Please keep in mind: The current month will also be invoiced.
- The licenses will be added to the customer’s environment after the order is completed. You will receive the invoice on your email address.
Extending and Updating licenses in Jamf School
Updating licenses for you customer is done by going to Reseller Portal -> School Management and locating the school that you want to add licenses to. Once you’re on the overview of the school navigate to the license history page on the left side of the screen. When you’re on the license history page click on the add license button in the top right.
Complete extending the license by filling in the extend license page and submitting.
Note: You can also add licenses from the school details page by clicking on the Add license button on next to the License section.