To use ZuluDesk Student, a couple of steps need to be taken.
- Student devices running iOS 8 or higher;
- User accounts for the students (with username and password) OR directory authentication with for example Active Directory, Open Directory, etc.
- The ZuluDesk Student app (free download at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zuludesk-student/id1060073828?mt=8).
Steps to take:
- Install the app on the students devices;
- Create user accounts if they don’t exist yet;
- Login at the Student app.
Install the app on the students devices:
The easiest way to distribute the Student app is by purchasing it via VPP and deploy it to the devices.
- In Jamf School configure VPP if it’s not already configured;
- “Buy” the free ZuluDesk Student app at https://volume.itunes.apple.com/?l=en;
- Optionally: In Jamf School navigate to “Dashboard” and click on the “Sync Now” button to force a sync with VPP to make the purchased app appear faster;
- Navigate to “Apps”, find the “ZuluDesk Student” app and apply a scope which contains all students that should install the app;
- The app will no be distributed to the students devices.
Create user accounts (if they don’t exist yet):
You can skip this step if you already have user accounts for your students in Jamf School (with an username and password) OR if you’re using LDAP authentication;
- In Jamf School navigate to “Organisation” -> “Import / Synchronise” and choose a method to import your students. Optionally, you can choose to create them manually at “Users & Groups” -> “Overview”.
- You can use the “Generate Accounts” feature to generate a large number of accounts for the students at once. To do so:
- Navigate to “Users & Groups” -> “Overview”;
- Select the students that you want to generate an password for;
- Click on the blue “Generate accounts” button;
- In the popup that’ll appear you’ll have the option to enter a message that’ll be send to the student by mail and the password strength;
- Click on the “Generate” button, the students will receive an e-mail with their username (e-mail address) and generated password.
Login at the Student app:
- After the app is pushed to the devices, the student needs to login with the credentials that’ve been e-mail to them.
The students now have the Student app installed and configured. As a teacher or parent you now have the ability to send a message (attention screen) or take a quiz.